1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

no power to fisher joytick

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Dr. Kovac, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Dr. Kovac

Dr. Kovac Junior Member

this site is great ,ive been reading alot and gained a lot from here..so the problem i have is i think from all the schematics from fisher ive looked at i have my 3plug 3 port green label iso module wired right all my headlight turn on/park/turn work highs and lows too, i didn't connect the drl's (no need to burn out bulbs) i have the switched power lead connected to the top left pin of the seo plug power is switched with the key ( next to the trailer brake plug) under the dash left of the brake pedal. with the key on/truck started i don't have any power to the controller plug/controller (fish stick 9400) iv chased down all the grounds from the truck to plow..ive jumped the solenoid and the plow motor works..... i wonder if the ios module is bad.....btw ive tried the controller in another truck it works fine, and replaced the solenoid today....snows a comin and i am 4 ice cold nights into it Im running a 2003 1500hd crew cab thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Is the plow connected?

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

If yes to SS's question which side of the large terminals on solenoid did you connect the smaller red wire? There is a control fuse by module under the hood. Did you test the switched power to be sure you have power there?

4. Dr. Kovac

Dr. Kovac Junior Member

yes the plow is connected and the small red green wire is to the hot battery lead side and i have power to the control fuse

5. dieselss

Fo you have pwr and gnd at the controller connector?

6. Dr. Kovac

Dr. Kovac Junior Member

no pwr or grnd...

7. dieselss

The one 7.5 amp fuse under the hood goes directly to the controller. I would look at the wiring. Chaffing by the firewall

8. Dr. Kovac

Dr. Kovac Junior Member

thanks for the help..the fire loom is in new shape and the 7.5 amp fuse is not blown... does the controller go through the iso?

9. dieselss

I'll look again. Kinda small on the phone tho

10. dieselss

No red/yel from one of the fuses. Then changes to white at the controller

11. Dr. Kovac

Dr. Kovac Junior Member

cool thanks...ill get out there in the am with light and comb through the wire harness loom

12. Dr. Kovac

Dr. Kovac Junior Member

the wires were off cl and all the connections look very new no corosion anywhere...all of the fire loom is in new condition ...should i pull my switched power from somewhere else....ill test the controller again, as maybe i fried it with all the testing we also had the 8 ft mm2 hooked up to my friends truck and it all works

13. dieselss

You could try that.
    There have been reports of peoples wire harness being bad in wired places
    So the plow works on someone else's trk. What about there plow on yout trk?

14. Dr. Kovac

Dr. Kovac Junior Member

we were out in a snowdrift hookin up his plow to my truck all the lights work and we got the controller to light up then pressed power the red light came on then pressed up and the controller turned off and we couldn't get power back the the controller plug or the controller to turn on

15. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Almost sounds like a bad controller to me. I'm not sure about joystick but handhelds have two macro fuses on the board

16. dieselss

Ok. So maybe what you have the underhood wiring hooked up to. Or the "hotwire" u taped into under the dash

17. Dr. Kovac

Dr. Kovac Junior Member

i will look in the door panel fuse block for another location for the hot wire,and ive opened the the joystick and it only had a circuit board in it. the solenoid i have is tall with 2 big leads on top and 2 small leads below the bat wire is hooked to bat side along with the small red green wire, the plow power wire comes off the other large post on top and the ground is the terminal on the lower left and i think red brown is on other post

18. Dr. Kovac

Dr. Kovac Junior Member

thanks guys you have given me some good insight i will look into this in the am..ill check out the controller too

19. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Should be two blk/org at solenoid. One goes to solenoid and one to batt neg. Batt one should have a connector on it.

20. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

I was reading his post and it didn't sound right to me either. But I didn't know if fisher had different colors than western for some reason