1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

no power to fish stick

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by chris694205, Dec 3, 2011.

1. chris694205

chris694205 Senior Member

ok so i know there are 100 threads on this problem but i cant seem to find them. I just got done hooking up my new mm2 straight blade. the headlights convert to the plow but i have no power to the controller to see if the plow works. The red wire is hooked into the fuse panel and the fuses are all good. Any Suggestions????? it is a 4 port ISO Module. Thanks

2. JRIP

JRIP Junior Member
    from 20877

some of the older controllers had a fuse inside. may need to take apart and check

3. Lone136

Lone136 Senior Member

The ground for the controller goes through the light light wires. I would check the ground under the hood.Also make sure you have the back and red wire on the battery side of the silinode

4. plowsmart

plowsmart Junior Member
    from Ohio

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Is this a brand new plow, or an older, "new" to you plow? Are there 3 or 2 connections at the grill?

6. bigboss1

bigboss1 Member
    from pa

hook the plow to the truck and plug all cables in as you would the night before a storm...does it get power now?

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

Good point, however by the wording of his first statement, I believe he was hooked up to it at the time of discovery.

8. bigboss1

bigboss1 Member
    from pa

true repoman i guess i over looked that i figured i would chime in as i just had this issue hooking my mm2 up last month guys on here told me to hook it up so i figured i would pass on the knowledge

9. RepoMan207

from Maine

I hear ya, I've made the mistake myself....on more then one occasion lol.

10. ANA Proscapes

ANA Proscapes Senior Member
    from NH

I'm having the same problem. I hook the plow up and have no power to the fishstick. I've checked the solenoid and the wire harness. But can't seem to find the problem. Any suggestions?

11. RepoMan207

from Maine

Start your own thread with all your truck's & plow's info. Also include wither this is a new install, or if it's an existing setup.....