1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No power to Fish Stick

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by brad11ny, Oct 17, 2011.

1. brad11ny

brad11ny Senior Member

hooked up my used SD yesterday, and I am not getting any power to the Fish Stick. Does the plow have to be mounted to get power, or should the fish stick just light up when the key is turned on? Also does the red wire close to the controller have to be used?

Thanks

2. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

The red wire goes to the fuse box in the cab. Make sure to use something that is only hot with the ignition on. The plow does have to be on the truck.

3. brad11ny

brad11ny Senior Member

Does it always go to the fuse box, or does it matter how new/old the setup is?

4. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

if your running a 3 plug setup you need to have the plow on the truck in order to make the system hot. if its a two plug system it will work without a plow on.

5. brad11ny

brad11ny Senior Member

Does it just have to be plugged into the plow side, or plow mounted for ground?

Thanks

6. brad11ny

brad11ny Senior Member

hooked it all up, and still no power! So annoying!!

7. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

Check where the red wire coming out of the wiring harness under the dash goes. It should be keyed power in the fuse panel. Fused at 3 amps. Can you Try a different controller also? That would eliminate the fishstIk being bad

8. brad11ny

brad11ny Senior Member

Does the red wire always go to the fuse box? I asked the guy that had it hooked up prior, and he didn't think that his went there.

9. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

It doesn't have to, someone could have taken power from a cigarette lighter or somewhere else. Your best bet is to roll under the dash and chase it down

10. brad11ny

brad11ny Senior Member

I have the end of it. It's just a cut wire. Should there be a fuse socket conected to the wire before going into the fuse box? Or just run the wire directly into the fuse box?

Thanks

11. 06Sierra

from Maine

It doesn't need to have an inline fuse. You can buy wire ends that you crimp on to the wire. I can post a link to one when I get to work.

12. brad11ny

brad11ny Senior Member

Okay, cool I have wire ends, and can do that. is there a max amp fuse I should use? It says in manual sfe 6 but looks like that was for the inline fuse.

13. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Mine is where the cruise control fuse is.

14. chevyzrule810

what kind of truck do you have?

15. 06Sierra

from Maine

16. brad11ny

brad11ny Senior Member

04 Jeep Wrangler

17. chevyzrule810

This is what mine looks like

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. chevyzrule810

If you have an isolation module look at port one on the module.You should see two fuses.One has red/white,and red/green wire its a 7.5 amp fuse,that's your controller fuse.See if that's blown.

19. brad11ny

brad11ny Senior Member

Thanks for the help. checked the fuses and they are good. Might end up with a trip to the dealer...urrrrr.

20. chevyzrule810

Do you have access to another controller? Maybe you have a bad fish stik