1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

no power to controller

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by aquku, Nov 13, 2013.

1. aquku

aquku Member
    from 14432

Getting ready for another season...one of our trucks in our fleet has a fisher minute mount II v-plow. When we mounted the plow and hooked up all the controls, we have no power to the hand held controller. All lights work on the plow and we installed a new selonoid for good measure. Still no power to controller. Any ideas? It is on a 99 ford f350

thanks

2. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Can you try a different fishstick? Or try the plow on another truck to see if its the same? I'm guessing the power wire that supplies the stick is out or blown fuse... Sorry I can't be more specific...

3. aquku

aquku Member
    from 14432

Tried a different stick, still no lights. We hot wired from the battery to one of the wires on the selonoid (small one) and the lights can on and plow could move. I am thinking it is somethign simple that I am overlooking

4. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Sounds like a Fuse... Or wherever the signal wire is terminated at is loose or corroded. I'm pretty sure there's a small gauge power supply wire somewhere.

5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Should be a single red wire that comes out of the harness for the controller inside the cab that goes to your fuse box.

6. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Thanks Kimber...that's the one I was thinking of.

7. aquku

aquku Member
    from 14432

I will have to look a bit closer at it today. I was checking under the dash yesterday and it appeared all the wires went straight out the firewall. I will check very carefully if there is a wire going to the fuse box...thanks I will let you know