1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

no power out of the front or controler

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bigpapawack, Jan 28, 2010.

1. bigpapawack

bigpapawack Junior Member

i have a 98 k2500 silverado and i went to hook my fisher minute mount up this morning and everything works but the controller. i traced every wire to it, put a new 10a fuse tap in it but even the fuse isn't getting power. i traced it more to the soleniod and i noticed there is no power coming off the one thick red cable that goes to the grill and hooked to the cable on the plow. shouldn't that have power? i know it has got to be something simple. i even got a brand new soliniod and still no power. shouldn't that plug have 12v all the time?
  2. bigpapawack

bigpapawack Junior Member

any ideas?
  3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

if that wire had power all the time your motor would run all the time, right? you said no power at the fuse. there is your problem.
  4. chris694205

chris694205 Senior Member

yes that red wire will only have power when the controller is pushed to make the plow move.. is the ground from the selenoid hooked up or wire broken??? or what about the red wire where the 10amp fuse is
  5. Proplower85

Proplower85 Junior Member
    from NH

If you access to another controller put that in to make sure that its not the controller. Also Make sure that the switch is on, on the controller and that the wire to the controller has power there should be one wire that feeds the controller if that doesn't have power there is your problem. and make sure that the connector for the control box is hooked in nice and tight. If that doesn't work replace your controller. If the wire that has the fuse is the feed wire and you have no power to it before the fuse that is your problem if it does and not after the fuse replace the fuse again with one that you know is good. And even more put constant power Via a jumper to the side after the fuse going towards the controller.... Hope that helps.