1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No power on HD 75

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by gwhalen3, Jan 26, 2014.

1. gwhalen3

gwhalen3 Member

On my hd 75 , there is zero power to anything It just stopped working last night. The controller has no power as well as the plow. All connections are clean and in order as well as all wires. Any thoughts?? Very frustrating. Nothing at all works.
  2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Most likely the inline fuse to the controller blew (also controls the lights). Find where the controller plugs in under the dash, follow the red/white wire to an inline fuse. Check that fuse. Also possible is that the wire into the fuse panel came out or the fuse panel fuse blew (I don't know how your installer did it). Either way, you've most likely lost power to the controller.

That fuse can be replaced with anything up to 20A without a problem.
  3. gwhalen3

gwhalen3 Member

Thanks Scott. I did check that fuse and it is installed into the fuse panel to a 15A and was not blown. Maybe I'll try a fresh 20A fuse.
  4. gwhalen3

gwhalen3 Member

No go. I'm heading to the dealer first thing in the morning. I was luckily able to get it short chained from one frozen rock solid little pile. Took some angles and a heavy gas pedal though. I'll update the outcome in the morning. Possibly bad controller or some missing ground. it's quite the mystery.
  5. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Let us know in case we run into the same issue with ours.

6. gwhalen3

gwhalen3 Member

It was the in line fuse as suggested. It was hidden from my view under the dash and over a bunch of other wires. Boy was that dumb on my part by not pulling the whole wire out. Oh well at least it was cheap! now I know. Thanks Scott.