1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No power on controller or plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jeepxj, Nov 29, 2008.

1. jeepxj

jeepxj Member
    from co

I have a ultramount mvp on a 96 k2500 just wired it up with brand new wiring and cannot get any power on the plow/controller/lights nothing...:mad: I checked everything and it seems to be hooked up correct. Where do I start? Is it a ground issue? bad solenoid? Not sure what to do from here.... thanks

2. CountrysideMR

CountrysideMR Junior Member

If you go to Westerns website you can download the manual which has a troubleshooting guide. It will walk you through the basic problems that can be checked for. I've included the link to the Ultramount Snowplow publications. I've found it very helpful in the past. It will be hard to determine what might be wrong from your description since it sounds like more than one symptom. Start with one item in the troubleshooting guide and go through it, then the next etc. Good Luck

http://www.westernplows.com/publibrary.asp?cat=5