1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No power at joystick ultra-mount

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Quickolds, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Quickolds

Quickolds Junior Member
    from 20878

Hey guys, new to site. Went to barn to pick up plow and had no power to joystick, but all lights work. Ran a hot wire from battery to red wire at stick got power but no plow action? It's a ultra- mount on a 2006 f450, all fuses and grounds check out. What am I missing? Thanks guys, Dave.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

2 or 3 plug?

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Security function on?

4. Quickolds

Quickolds Junior Member
    from 20878

If you're referring to the truck it has no security system. If the plow has some kind of security that I'm unaware of it.

5. dieselss

Is it a 2 or 3 plug at the grill?
    I misread your post I thought you were getting another plow..Not yours

Was anything done to the trk?

6. UltraLwn&Lndscp

UltraLwn&Lndscp Senior Member

More details please. Plow type and plug count as the gentleman above asked. I just finished debugging a similar truckside wiring issue with controller power issues and lights on but no movement.

7. Quickolds

Quickolds Junior Member
    from 20878

Western ultra mount 3 plug .had problems sending reply over my phone hopefully you get this one thanks again.

8. dieselss

Did the controller light up at all?

9. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Why don't you ask in the Wesern Forum?

10. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

People don't ask in the proper forums because they see "New to Industry" which applies to them. Instead of looking for a place that applies to their topic

11. Quickolds

Quickolds Junior Member
    from 20878

Oh I'm not new to the industry. Just new to using the form site my apologies if I have it listed in the wrong area