1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

no power at controller

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by chachi1984, Nov 27, 2013.

1. chachi1984

chachi1984 Senior Member

I was plowing and all of a sudden I got no power at the controller, I unplugged everything an plugged and nothing, is there aany fuses to could have blown
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yea there's tons of fuses that could have blown.
  3. chachi1984

chachi1984 Senior Member

any places u suggest to look first, in the fuse box
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  4. whiskeyjack

whiskeyjack Junior Member

Same thing happened to me just a while ago. The lights work fine but the joy stick stopped working with the power indicator light still on. I have an older Western plow.

I tried cleaning the terminals on both plugs and re-plugging. Nothing but lights. I also taped the joy stick in the raise position while flexing the main terminal plug. When I did that the lights flickered between plow and truck and I heard a clicking sound from the plow's solenoid(?) mounted just behind the grill. Anybody know what's going on?

This is my first plow truck and first time plowing with it so I'm in a learning curve. Any help would be appreciated.
  5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Test light time. See where your not getting pwr.