1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No plowing with this truck but it makes money the winter!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by lieutlamson, Dec 3, 2009.

1. lieutlamson

lieutlamson Member

No plowing with this truck but it makes money in the winter!

Finally got the truck back from the tank dealer. This is my first Kenworth as Ive always run Internationals. Its a T370 33000 GVW with the PX-8/Cummins 8.3. 300 HP 880 ft lbs with the 6spd allison. Air ride suspension, durabrite wheels, locking differential, and everything is polished. The tank is a 3000 gallon transtech. I custom ordered the truck and got a better price and the IH.

Complete Kenworth.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  2. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Makes money ....
    What do you use it for ???
    You never said ......
  3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

maybe he makes and transports his own beer:drinkup:
  4. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

Now there's something I need to look into doing payup
  5. Lil STX Ford

Lil STX Ford Senior Member

How do you find the 6 spd? I'm pricing an International now but with the 10 spd, single axle like yours..[​IMG]
  6. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

placards for fuel oil/diesel so I'm going to assume he delivers home heating oil
  7. lieutlamson

lieutlamson Member

Sorry about that I figured the placard would give it away but then again not everyone delivers oil. So yes the truck is used for home heating oil. I love the 6spd allison and would not buy another manual. The truck shifts perfect both with and without a load. Some of my trucks have manuals but mostly automatics it seems like the way to go.
  8. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Is heating oil all you deliver?

How about off road diesel, on road diesel or gasoline?
  9. lieutlamson

lieutlamson Member

We deliver diesel also but this truck will strictly be home heating fuel.
  10. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Is there a difference between off road and heating oil?
  11. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

will my truck run on heating oil?...is it cheaper than 2.79 a gallon?..LOL
  12. Lil STX Ford

Furnace Oil is dyed here, both fuels aren't the same, unless the supplier re brands on board with dye injectors, then would mostly be diesel.. In my area.. Placard here are 1202/1203 (gas)
  13. 7.3 Plower

7.3 Plower Senior Member

Or he could tell you his secret use for it.

First he fills it up with water then he dumps that on his accounts so he can go salt them and make $ later. payup
  14. tuna

tuna Senior Member

Fuel oil co. from Hamilton?
  15. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

You won't make any money from me. I burn wood. HAHA. Good luck with your new truck.
  16. TommyMac

TommyMac Senior Member

It's been done for year's.....just don't get caught by the D.O.T or your screwed :gunsfiring:
  17. lieutlamson

lieutlamson Member

Tuna, yes we are out of Hamilton.

Heating oil can be run in older engines but nothing that requires ultra low sulfur. The high sulfur content will really mess with the DPF. I dont think a regular pickup would get caught I know the DOT checks pickups with the tank in the bed.
  18. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

So what does heating oil cost a gallon? We have electric in our house and have always had electric. When I had my Cummins powered trucks I ran WVO pretty much April-October, and with a few tweaks to the system could have been used year round but my supplies were somewhat limited and seasonal, and there was little available of it to me in winter months and I used all of my supply in the warmer months.
  19. Lil STX Ford

.79 cpl here in NB Canada at my shop converts to your USG at $2.99 USG heating fuel #2 ** .8927 tax in = $3.38 (forgot the taxes on F/O)
    1.047 cpl diesel ULSD is $3.96 USG
    and we are regulated per government :(
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  20. jdknight75

jdknight75 Senior Member

i hd a driver get caught a couple of weeks ago with his tag axle up. they got him for 10,000 over weight do the math on that fine.