1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No plow, Steering damper on 04 Fords changed

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by pats plowing, Jan 2, 2004.

1. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

The steering damper for the front end went from a square shape to circle so now none of the plow braces will fit it. The new braces wont come in until Feb so I cant get a plow for this truck.

2. pats plowing

All 04's after October have the updated steering damper.

3. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Pat,

I don't think I ever remember what you said the outcome was with your arbitration with Ford. Are they going to replace your first truck??

4. pats plowing

It went to the disputement board and i chose for ford to buy back the vehicle. This was back in early September. It took 3 full months for the check to come and i just cashed it last monday. I went to a different dealer for this last truck ill have to get a pic soon. It is a 2004 f350 supercab longbed xlt with the v8 gas.

Lucky for me no plow until at least February.

5. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Glad to hear it got settled.

6. IA snoman

IA snoman Senior Member
    from Ia

Pats Plowing,

What happened with your truck? Why did they buy it back? Did you have problems with the new PSD?

7. ih82plow

ih82plow Senior Member

Can you purchase and install the old style damper till the new plow braces are available

8. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

What Ford changed was the blocker beam, which sat right behind the plastic air dam on the bottom of the bumper. The idea of the blocker beam is to keep the truck from riding over vehicles when involved in a rear-end collision because the truck tends to sit high in the front end. The old blocker beam was mounted to a bracket that was on the outside of the frame rail but some genius at ford decided to make changes and there is now mounting points on both the inside and outside of the frame rails. I know western and fischer are both working on a new mount but dont have a relase date yet and will probably be in ultra mount for western only.

9. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

I got the lemon law on my 01 expedtion. ford settled and gave me $12,000 for my troubles and they had to fix the problem after the 4th time being in the shop for it. It kept vibrating on the highway.