1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No Plow Prep

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Henry0016, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Henry0016

Henry0016 Member

I have a 2002 2500hd 4500 fgvawr and 9200 gvwr It does not have a plow prep.I was wondering if i could install a 7 1/2 mm1 on it.Or some ideas on what i could add on to make it possible.

Thany You

2. Go the Fisher's website and hit plow selection. It will take you to the ematch plow selection screen and follow the instructions. It will tell you everything you need to know.:drinkup:

3. jimslawns

jimslawns Junior Member
    from Mid MO

Plow prep on a chevy is heavier spings, larger altenator, different fan clutch, and provisions for top light.

Add timbrens to front, alternator is generally okay, you can also crank up the torsion bars as well. Also have the fan clutch changed by GM dealer (there is a TSB) on it

4. calhoun

calhoun Senior Member

Truck will handle that plow fine. The problem is getting a company to install it.
    In this sue happy country if something happens there is always a lawyer to make you liable for installing on a non prep vehicle. You may have to search for a dealer that will do the install or you can install it yourself.

5. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Truck will handle it easy. I'd put some Timbrens on there personally. You may also want to add a dual battery setup. If you replace the alternator in the future, go with the higher output one found on the plow prep.

6. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Not sure what year Minute Mount II you have or what it's off of?
    Call a some Fisher Dealers for advise. Andy at Franklin Motors in Dracut will gladly help you out and install it too.

Warning: If the plow was off of a different Brand or Older style GM You may would a newer wiring and that's a few bucks. 02's are the same as far back as 99 for harnesses on the GM's. If you do need horns and harness it's lot of money.