1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No Plow Mount For Chevy?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Showmestaterida, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Called dealer today to get a 9 Western pro plus for 2001 3500hd old body style. Says mount is no longer made for that truck Ultra or Unimount. Says no way a for a mount unless you find a used one. Called another place to see if they could do something. They said you could buy ultramount part#67981-2. Then buy a conversion kit part #27170 to make it a unimount and it would work. Any info would help. Trying to get this week. Any body heard of this?

2. Showmestaterida

lets try it again

3. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

WHere are you located in the midwest? Did you try Monroe Truck? They built a lot of the 3500HD trucks for midwest dealers. Off topic but what is a 6.5 w/ss upgrades? Is that a performance upgrade for the 6.5?

4. Showmestaterida

St. Louis. Tried dealers around here . All different answers. Which I could call western. SSdiesel is company that makes 6.5 chevy diesel upgrades. He has alot of could info for these engines. Great products.

5. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L Senior Member

I bought two more westerns this season, (used) unimount styles. One was an easy transer since it came off a ford and went on a ford. The other came off a ford and was going on a dodge.

Local western dealer said he didnt have any dodge unimounts, but might be able to get one, no guarantee. Suggested I try used market, especially since the price was going to be nearly $500 if he could even get it. Luckily I found one used.

From talking with him, and the meyers dealer, it sounds like the manufactuters are getting away from producing older style mounts, so whats out on the market now is it. Ran into the same problem with the meyers plow I took off my dodge to install on a ford. Was the older style meyers.

All I can suggest is call around. Might find one at another dealer. Who knows.

Good Luck.

6. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

I don't want this to sound stupid, but I have never seen a 2001 old body 3500 with a 6.5 diesel in it only a D-max. I'm not saying they didn't make 1, just I have never seen 1. Even our 2001 3500 dump is a D-max.
    Last I knew they stopped making old body styles in 2000. Is the truck a 2wd or 4wd ?

7. Showmestaterida

2wd 3500HD CLASSIC baby. Will post pictures once I can get a plow on it. Tried everything locally. Waiting to hear from one more place tommorrow. They are going to call Western.

8. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Earthscapes, these are the HD trucks, 19.5" wheels and tires and only 2wd from the factory. Mine is a 2002 that was the last year of them. I bought it in 2003 as a big fleet order that was canceled. Only available with a 6.5 or a big block. Slow as heck with a 6.5 but hauls one heck of aload of salt and plows like a madman.

9. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Rida, call RA Adams Enterprises in McHenry, IL. 815-385-5970. What upgrades do you have to the 6.5? Did you install them or purchase the truck with them?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  10. Showmestaterida

Going to try tommorrow. DIESELD try some of ssdiesel upgrades. They will make a new truck out of it.ssdiesel.com. Air intake, 4' exhaust. Durmax fan upgrade. Did it myself

11. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Is the duramax fan upgrade to stop the obnoxious fan noise on hot days or with the plow on in travel?

12. Showmestaterida

Fan and clutch are for overall cooler running. Clutch engages 15 deg sooner than stock

13. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Thanks. learn new things everyday :nod:

14. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

They only made a UNI mount for that truck. Why I know personal saw the last uni mount that was NOS and a complete 9' NOS pro plow for a 3500HD. Western has never made a ultra mount for that truck. So your odds of finding that mount are very slim.

Perfict cut call R and B steel they got a few NOS unimounts for dodges.

15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Did you call CPW? They list all the part no.'s you mentioned on their website.If they actually have them is another story though. :cry:

16. Showmestaterida

Thanks for good info. Well than I guess I' m looking for the uni mount. Dealer still said that there wasn't any more mounts made for it.

17. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

rida-- I can not seem to pull up that website? Sure you are correct? Keeps telling me error in data or something. I am not doubting you but do you really notice a difference in performance with an air intake, fan, and an exhaust? I have an exhaust on mine but can tell no difference over stock other than it is LOUD. I would think that it takes a lot more than a couple hp from the exhaust/air setup to feel a difference. Appreciate your time as I use this truck regularly because I think the "classic" dumps are awesome.

18. rayf268

rayf268 Senior Member

I found mine by looking at westerns website looked at all the dealers in driving distance from me and calling for used . The one I found was $125.00 a great deal by all others I called and the new (old stock) price of close to $500 . It was for a 98 gmc . I had to drive 1 1\4 hrs. both ways but worth it to me .

19. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

My dad is going to look and get back to me If you have the old body style he thinks he might have one.
    610-488-1450

20. Showmestaterida

Called western today. Said the same thing as itsgottobegreen. Never made an ultamount for that truck only a unimount. Well I want to put a 9 pro plus ulramount. He says the best way would be to get an ultra mount for a 2002 4500 and you would have to modified it to work. Says that this would be the best mount to do this to because they used a large tube in the middle like the one needed for your truck. Not really sure if I want to spend that kind of money on a mount and then Have to pay somebody to modified it. Haven't got a price on it yet but know its not going to be cheap. Any other ways?