1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No plow lights and blowing fuse.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by CAR CLINIC, Nov 29, 2012.

1. CAR CLINIC

CAR CLINIC Junior Member

Hi all. have a 99 dodge 1500 4wd in the shop from my local Napa Store, and this truck has been through 3 modules #29070-0 w/3 plugs on it. and 2 plugs to plow and lights one 4 pin and one 11 pin. I have never delt with any of these newer plow systems. But after this I may be an expert lol. First thing i noticed is that it was blowing the fuse for connector C pin F (module power in) and they had installed a 15amp fuse that had blown. The fuse would blow only when 11pin light harness was plugged in. Checked for short in harness. No short. Found that pin 7 which leads back to connector A pin C black/orange was getting power. Not good I think as this is common in for the module. so this is my blown fuse. Bad Module? Also I was told that I should switch the pins on the trucks headlamp low and common connector. because the high beem indicator light is all ways on when head light harness is plugged in. ever heard of doing this? and if so should I also switch to 9007 type bulbs? ok sorry there is alot going on here. I just don't want to fry the new module they have coming for this thing. 4th one since they have had it. Any help here from similar expr. would be great. This truck use's ground to activate head lamps high and low beams, HB1 9004 bulbs.

2. CAR CLINIC

CAR CLINIC Junior Member

( this truck has been through 3 modules #29070-0) Sorry posted wrong # the correct # is 29070-1 green tag.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

well looks to me that pin gets its pwr from the solenoind under the hood, which is a rd/gn. which also supplies the other fuse so it would be f1 and f2 so which fuse is it??
    and as a general rule for westerns,,bk/og is gnd,,if its got pwr something wrong

4. CAR CLINIC

CAR CLINIC Junior Member

this fuse is for ckt of module power in to connector C & pin F. I guess it would be fuse 1 since the pin terminals on the fuse connector plug read. A bat pwr
    B ckt going to module pwr in as stated above.
    C ckt going to connector B of module. Pin F control pwr in.
    D bat pwr
    No relay here the bat power comes from bat through one wire passes through two connectors on pin B of both and then splice/splits for pwr for the fuses.

5. CAR CLINIC

CAR CLINIC Junior Member

How do western plow's lighting deal with a low side driver?

As this dodge use's pwr to the high and low beam on one ckt and then gounds the high side or low side to complete the ckt. when they are set up for a common ground instead of a common power?

6. dieselss

switch the plug from a to b

7. dieselss

did you look at westerns website at the wiring diag??