1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No Plow available-diesel cc

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by nick858, Oct 22, 2008.

1. nick858

nick858 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I called the local Boss dealer, and was told there is no plow available from Boss for my 05 Chevy Duramax Crew cab. He said he could sell one cash and carry, but definitely would not advise a plow on this truck. Western also would not install a V plow on the truck.
    Do they really expect people wont use the truck for plowing, or expect someone to put a 7.5' straight on a HD 3/4 truck?

Anybody else have a CC diesel, what are you running, and were you able to talk a dealer into installing?
  2. red07gsxr

red07gsxr Senior Member
    from meriden

my old boss has one on his truck since day one.. a boss 8'6'' v blade, no problems reported
  3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Have your dealer do the wiring install and then assemble the plow and put the mount on yourself. It's very easy to do as long as you've got a buddy to help you with some of the bigger components.

When I put together my MVP I used a cherry picker to hold the parts up while I put the bolts and pins into place. It was a breeze.
  4. TEX

TEX Senior Member

ppl run into this all the time and it sucks. its bc of the axle rating. with the diesel and IF you have ppl in the cab and add a plow you go over the weight rating for the axle. will it hurt antyhing prob not but they have to cover their butts for warrenty claim reasons. put it on your self or sign the weaiver and push some snow.
  5. MainePlowGuy

MainePlowGuy Junior Member
    from Maine

GM does not offer the "Plow Pkg" on diesel CC's. But yes people still put them on. We have 2
  6. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Yup, had the same problem w/ my local dealer would not put a 8 ft Meyer C series on my " 99 Dodge diesel extended cab and would not put a plow on my 2004. I went thru a different dealer who insatlled it w/ NO PROBLEM. Boy was my local dealer pissed. He kicked me out of his establishment:realmad:
  7. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Come up to Minnesota.

I can get one installed for you, about $5700 out the door, you'll be back to IA in no time.

Look up PlowWorld.com .