1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

no passenger side low beam headlighty

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by NHresident, Mar 6, 2016.

1. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

hi wondering if anybody can help me out I have no low beam passenger side plow light (old blk rectangular stlye 11 pin 3 plug) I chkd my trk side with another set and all the lights worked
    I took the headlight bulb out and ran 12v power on the bench to the blk/wht stripe wire (pin #1 in the plug) I put the test light to the low beam socket and I had power I then tested the passenger side common ground (blue wire/org stripe) pin 5 in the plug and put 12v through the wire and then test light probed the bulb socket ground it also lit the the test light which lead me to believe theres nothing broke from the pins to the light socket and since my trk side is good AND I tried a brand new out of the box wagner bulb and no low beam again Im wondering if somebody could tell me what im missing thxs

2. Avalanche 2500

Avalanche 2500 Member

Maybe, try replacing the plug harness, do to a BAD ground ?? Good luck
    + :drinkup:

3. boutch

boutch Junior Member

Hopefully you got this fix by now but if not the following could be your problem. From 1999 to 2003 GM reversed polarity at the head light. If you are using one off those harness on a newer truck you end up with that situation. Newer harness can be installed either way. They have marking A and B for different year. If this is your problem you can pull the pins out of the cannon plug and reverse the polarity. You need to do this with hight and low beam.
    Good luck

4. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

new install or condition that just appeared?

what year, make, and model truck are we working with?