1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No Passenger side Headlight?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by peterk800xc, Dec 26, 2012.

1. peterk800xc

peterk800xc Senior Member

Just hooked the plow up and see I have no Passenger side TRUCK headlight.Neither High beam or low beam will light.Is there a seperate fuse for either side headlight? With the storm almost on us I don't really want to start ripping stuff apart and have no lights at all. Thanks in advance.:mechanic:

2. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

No there's one fuse for both your bulb may be dead or bad ground somewhere.

3. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

see if there is power to the connector with the lights on

4. peterk800xc

Thanks

Thanks for the help on this.I really don't know how long this headlite has been out.I just noticed it last nite.These were new bulbs last Year.Both Sylvania Ultras. Not cheap!! Never had both filaments quit working but neither are.I was going to check for power/ground but the snowsis piling up and the winds blowing 40 mph.My luck I start fooling around with the lites and then I end up with no lites at all and my plow run starts at 3 AM.Will post when I figure out what went wrong. Thumbs Up

5. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

6. peterk800xc

Thanks

Spool it- great song! Ill be singing it in a few hours!!!! :salute:

7. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

i used to use my truck lites years ago by keeping the blade low .

8. Mike N

Mike N Senior Member

What kind of plow? I remember installing a Western Ultramount on a 2001 F350 and one of the truck lights didn't work after that. There's a connector in the wiring harness that needed the correct plug to make the headlights work. A quick trip to a Western dealer and $7 later we were in business.