1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No One wants to put a V blade on 06 2500 with Duramax

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by scholzee, Aug 22, 2006.

1. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

I would prefer a Fisher V blade put the installers in the Western NY area are saying the cannot put one on the truck because of the front axle rating.

2. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

You will probably get the same response from every V plow manufacturer. Many people do it anyways and never have a problem

3. procut1

procut1 Senior Member

Not that Im a huge fan but thats why Ive had to stick with Fords. Everyone else went to the independant suspension. I noticed it with comparing a same year ford f-350 PSD with a Blizzard 810 and a Chevy 2500Hd Duramax with the same plow.

The Ford will pick the plow up and drop a couple inches
    The Chevy almost bottoms the nose out.

4. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

Not sure if it varies by state but no one will install it for me, they say it overloads the fron taxle. They will sell me one that I would need to install myself or find someone on the side to do it. Then I would be concerned about the snowplows warrenty they could not give me a clear answer if problems occurred with the plow would I get warrenty service on it.

5. salopez

salopez Senior Member

Is this a Reg. cab or Ext.? The duramax is heavy. You might have trouble with chevy if you break anything. unfortunately the manufacturers don't trust us to use ballast to offset the wieght.

6. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

Its an Extened cab 8' box, really wanted to stay with Fisher or Western. Always had Fisher and love the trip edge, buddy's Boss does not stay in scoop very well wings keep kicking in. Meyer did not seem heavy duty enough, do not like the Sno-Way V. I have a 400lb plate steel sheet that I bolt into the bed for winter, uesed in old 04 gasser with Fisher straight blade, and balance of ballast made up with salt. Love the diesel and Allison for towing and thought for sure it could handle V blade. Fords are ok but the 3/4 ton I test drove rode pretty hard I was bouncing in the seat, guess thats why it can carry a V.

7. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

We had a guy plowing with us last year who had an 05 2500 with a durmax and a western 8'6" MVP...dealer put it on, truck did alright, yeah it squatted but it did the job....get some timbrens, every once and a while the plow frame would bottom out on a curb....Call a few different dealers....some one will put it on...

8. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

CASH AND CARRY

You can mount what ever you want yourself.

9. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

I have a Blizzard 810 on my 98 ex cab diesel. Turn the bars up 5 turns and add timbrens. My front GVW is lower than the newer trucks and I have had no problems.

10. JLK 1500

JLK 1500 Junior Member

not the only one

me and a really good friend of mine just bought 06 crew cabs. mine is a GMC with an Duramax lbz and his is a Chevy Duramax lly. both are short box. no one around here will put v plows on our trucks with out singing a waiver . they said there to heavy for the front axel and putting a plow on it could void the warrenty. i went right back to the dealer that i bought mine from and asked him what was going on here. he asked me to wait for a few monents while he had someone come down here. up pulls a twin to my truck with a v blade on it. the truck handled it no problem.he had the tbars cranked up 5 turns and 300lb of ballist on the bed of the truck. the dealer then typed up a letter for me to give to general welding ( the local boss dealer) and said to have them give em call if there were any problems. the letter the dealer typed up states that putting the boss v plow 8'2 would not effect the warrenty in any way. mine is getting insatlled next week and hopefully i wont have any problems with it. i do plan on getting the timbrens for the truck though. if anybody in the buffalo ny area is having the same problem drop me an email id be glad to help you out. Guesswhoeatsit@aol.com is the email. yes i know , but ive had the email address since i was 16 and it seems to hard to get rid of it. thanks prsport

11. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

just have them install the mount and wire for you and stick the plow in the bed and click it on when you get home

12. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

Thanks for the info, my buddy in springville has a Boss V on his Ford 1 ton and is not happy with it. I will need to find out what dealer installed his, the problem he has is in scoop position the wings keep kicking back to straight or vee position. The dealer checked the plow 2x and said it is set up correctly. My buddy has been plowing for a long time and is not abusive. Even easing into a pile the wings would kick back, his old straight blade angled in a similar situation would never have a problem. The only other thing is I like the trip edge of Fishers , plowing some gas stations and the blade tends to catch alot and hate dumping the whole load of snow.

13. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

scholzee,
    "My buddy has been plowing for a long time and is not abusive. Even easing into a pile the wings would kick back."

If he has been plowing for a long time it's time he learned how to set up his own plow.
    Have your Buddy;) take the cover off of the pump and adjust the high presser relief a little. If there releasing to easily for him.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2006
  14. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

Well being a new truck and new $5,000 Boss plow under warrenty you would think the dealer would set it up right. The dealer told my Buddy the pressure relief valves were set up correctly, when asked if they could adjust them a little higher they said they would but his warrenty will be void as the cylinder brackets or plow may start bending. This year he is going to try it himself.

15. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

According to Blizzard's power match or whatever it is, I'm supposed to have a 760 straight blade on my F350 CC PSD. Instead I have a 8611 LP. :eek: :D

You're not too far from Jerre's in Erie, run over to his place and have him install it for you, at least you won't have to worry about it being installed correctly.

16. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

True, if you set the relief to high you could bend some things or rupture a hose.

The wings should bleed back, just like a straight blade does if you have to much pressure on one corner. When he is out plowing the first time this year, take a little time and adjust it a little at a time and try it out. .

17. JLK 1500

JLK 1500 Junior Member

Hey scholzee

My buddy and i are looking for a kind of group discount deal. were both looking for v plows and keep going back and forth between fisher and boss. if we can get another person on board they will drop the prices by over 300. so drop me an email if your interested. Guesshwhoeatsit@aol.com thanks

18. beungood

beungood Member

Snoway V

I went to the Snoway dealer and they said they would have no problem throwing any of their plows on a 2500HD.

19. IBEW103

IBEW103 Junior Member

Joe, how do like the blizzard 810??????? I have an 06 chevy diesel ext cab w/a 8' fisher SS x blade and was thinking of selling it for something different. I almost bought the blizzard last year but wasnt sure how it would work.

20. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

if you dont mind the drive call burquip equip