1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No Mud Flaps?Better Think Again

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Bucksnort, Oct 12, 2003.

1. Bucksnort

Bucksnort Junior Member

Put 4 Husky molded mud flaps on the HD this week.Has 20k on it,has not been plowed with,at least until I get the Fisher Vee on it due within 2 weeks.Because I am going to plow with it this year I thought the flaps would help with the crap build up.Behind both front inner wheel well liners at the very bottom was packed handfulls of dirt conformed to the space at bottom of fender.Broke fingernails,plastic spoon,knife digging it out.What a PITA.Didn't even get it all out,maybe 95%.
    I pressure spray this truck a lot but it apparantly can't blow this out without popping the liner.What a lousy design.
    Anyways,I'm glad I put them on,better late than never.So if you don't have flaps you might get some early rust problems at the bottom of fenders.
    The one thing that concerns me is ripping them off plowing.Did a search on this and it seems to be a semi-problem.Might have to switch to some flexible rubber types.
  2. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Dont feel bad my 88 ford did the same thing and it was a total pita to get this crap out. I think the big three just leave these problems so as to sell more parts. Good luck.:drinkup: