1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No movment on plow for a few moments

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by ANDREW2500, Feb 11, 2011.

1. ANDREW2500

ANDREW2500 Junior Member

:realmad:I HAVE A 2YEAR OLD 9,2 VXT JUST THE OTHERDAY MY PLOW STOPPPED WORKING AFTER ABOUT 40-60 SECONDS OF PUSHING THE HAND HELD CONTROLER BUTTONS IT STARTS TO WORK ONCE IM IN A LOT IT WORKS FINE ITS WHEN I GET TO THE NEXT LOT THAT IT STARTS AGAIN I DID SWAP CONTROLS BUT STILL SAMETHING :realmad:ANY IDEAS ??????

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Can you hear the solinode clicking when you hit the buttons? Could be that. Or a bad connections somewhere. At the bumper. Or a bad ground.

3. ANDREW2500

ANDREW2500 Junior Member

Yea no clicking just dead silience need to locate grounds and look at those

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Well if the plow controller is on and you hit the switches you have a bad solenoid. Make sure to double check the fuses on the plow harness first before doing so. Its cheaper. Theres 1 or 2 depending on how new the harness is at the battery and there will be 1 at the fuse box inside the truck. If those are good then I'd replace the solenoid. Otherwise just check the ground and power cables at the plows pump. Also is not a bad Idea to add some dielectric grease to all the connections under there while doing this either. Its easiest do do them 1 at a time. Take one off and add some grease then place it back on the connection. This way you wont forget what goes where. Also Check the connections at the battery. The plows truck side battery cable is hooked up there. Also the positve. And double check the solenoid connections. My guess is its the solenoid.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  5. ANDREW2500

ANDREW2500 Junior Member

i cant see the fuses being bad cause the plow does work it just takes a few minutes to work somtimes now that it got warmer out il check all the connections solonids are cheap and i think i have a spare il check it out thanks

6. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

Sounds like it could be a relay. I was having intermittent problems withh my plow not working. I tracked it to a realy that had a small amount of corrosion.

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Yes thanks for bringing that up. I totally forgot about the relays in the these harness's.

8. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

My plow has been doing this for 2 seasons. I have had the hand held replaced twice with no better results. I have a joy stick also and it seems to happen less often with it. I have had it to 2 dealers and neither could find anything wrong.