1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

no movement

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by chevyzrule810, Apr 27, 2012.

1. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I just put two new pistons in my plow.I angled the plow several times from left to right but I got nothing.The motor runs but the plow doesn't move.The plow will go up but won't go back down unless I sit on the lift arm.The pump is full of fluid.Could the coils be bad.The plow worked with the old pistons but I've got nothing now.

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Could be a stuck valve or valves

3. chevyzrule810

how do I fix them? I can here each coil clicking when I hit the joystick

4. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Air in the lines possibly or perhaps something is blocking the pick up screen. Did you refill the fluid and try bleeding it off? Not trying to be insulting or anything.

5. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

Could be a bad connection somewhere too, you should grab the mechanics or schematics guide off library.fisherplows.com

6. chevyzrule810

well when I got the new pistons they weren't extended so I hooked them up to the pump and kept hitting the joystick until they were extended enough to get the pins in place.Now they are both in place and hooked to the pump and aren't moving.How would I bleed the system out?

7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Run the plow,,,up,,,,side to side,, then drop it..ck fluid and repeat till fluid is full and not foamy. Just sounds like there is nothing but air in your plow

8. chevyzrule810

yeah I've filled it moved it filled it moved it and it seems to be full now.Should I have reservoir plug off when I'm doing this?he pistons did move before I put the pins in and the old pistons worked.The other thing is the plow won't go down now even in float mode.Do I have to loosen the packing nut up?

9. dieselss

No shouldn't have to do anything with the nut. Just for grinns,,,drain the lift cylinder....just wondering If the lift cylinder is vapor locked so to speak. Still sounds like air to me

10. dieselss

What plow is this? BTW

11. chevyzrule810

this is an 8 foot mm1 sehp 3 plug

12. dieselss

Ok. Could be pickup tube came off,,, as mentioned above. I would still try to bleed the lift cylinder

13. chevyzrule810

how would I bleed the lift cylinder?

14. dieselss

Raise the cylinder (unhook the plow first tho ). Loosen the hose and push down. Give that a shot and see what happens