1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

no movement to plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by aintgutno, Dec 29, 2010.

1. aintgutno

aintgutno Junior Member

Hello,
    New to the Forum and plowing...
    I have a 99 Silverado 1500, plow (MM1 1999) worked when i put it down for summer, at the time had a new sloenoid and some pump work done.(just prior to my purchase)
    Tried to put it on the other day and got no power to anything...Blew my brakelines yesterday, so while it was in the garage i had mechanic look at my electrical, found broken power wire at firewall and corroded wires at 15amp fuse near iso box. he cut fuse wire and connected them (i will put on new fuse holder) and fixed power wire.
    I now have power to contoller and redlight is on, get clicking at solenoid when moving joystik but nothing else...
    Used elec. component cleaner on the plugs/connectors at the grill /plow side and still nothing...I am thinkin about putting on new connector/plugs(kit) on the hydraulic side...lights work good...
    It has a 4 plug iso unit and 3 plugs fyi
    Any and all help appreciated, Thanks

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  2. bronco91

bronco91 Senior Member
    from wyckoff

Check the solenoid make sure it is sending power out to the pump. That what it sound like u have a bad solenoid.

3. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

x2 on the solenoid.

4. aintgutno

aintgutno Junior Member

Thanks guys, changed the solenoid and ended up getting a new plow motor. also replaced 1 of the fuse holders as it looked corroded. It is now working great ! Thanks for the help...