1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

no movement, to much draw.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 91AK250, Dec 26, 2008.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

allrighty guys, being that i work at the boss dealer i should be able to figure this out right? wrong i need help haha.

so recelty its been acting like its drawing wayyyyy to much power well moving the plow at all. i cleaned and checked all my connections everythings good.

now yesterday it would not move..the silaniod(sp) will click..and the plow will somtimes move..when it does the pump sounds fine and it moves as quick as it normaly does..but that doesnt last long.

i'm thinking after 8 years of never being touched this first problem isnt a biggie. so would i be right thinking its the silaniod(sp)?

2. themechanic43

themechanic43 Junior Member

8 years is about the life of the motor

3. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

well, i cleaned the slianoid(sp)

it wasnt that...

after messing with the connection on the bumper..it works perfect. so there is a short somewhere in the harness.

i did some plowing tonight, but when it stopped i had to go out and jiggle the harness and it worked. so its got to be a short somewhere in the harness.

damn i guess i gotta bring it to work monday.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Either spread the male pins in the power cable connector or replace it altogether as they lose their connection capability with age and use. Swapping over to Anderson style connectors is a good alternative to replacing them with stock Boss parts.

5. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

power

:salute:ditto with b&b go to Anderson connectors ,depends how you grab the control plug the wire's at the back of the moulded -plug tend to break when you flex them ,check for exposed insulation , found a few that way .