1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No movement out of my E-47

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Jampearl42, Nov 24, 2005.

1. Jampearl42

Jampearl42 Junior Member

I am getting no movement out of my E-47. IT will not angle or go up or down. When i do get it to move it is very slow and seems to be getting stuck.
    let me know if anyone has any suggestions.

2. imdawrlus

imdawrlus Member

do you have enough fluid in it??

3. Jampearl42

Jampearl42 Junior Member

The fluid is good just changed it.

4. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Sounds like air in the system. Opperate a few times up and down(I do it without the plow chain hooked up), let it sit for a few minutes then check and refill the sump.

5. Jampearl42

Jampearl42 Junior Member

still no luck on e 47

I Went through step by step diagnosting of the electrical,new plow switch a valve with solonoid. there is power to b solonoid red wire, and power to motor,however motor is working sporadic. so im guessing my motor is cooked.

6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

You sure it's not your solenoid? All the connections clean and dielectric greased? Good ground to the pump?
    If the motor's really old replace it. Automotive electrical shops may have them cheaper then new (rebuilds) and just as good. They do sell the end cap kit with the brushes in it, you have to buy the tool to install it. If you have time you can order it from a discount supplier I don't think it's a Meyer OEM part and if it was they would rape you anyway.