1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No movement MM2. Isolated to plow side problem.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ducaticorse, Jan 20, 2014.

1. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

I have done the screwdriver magnet test on the coils and got magnetism. Power and grounds are correct to the coils. Still no pressure to the hoses. The pump was good last year, hasn't been used since then. Filter is clean, whole plow was bled, cleaned and fresh fluid added.

No movement in any direction, fluid IS NOT making it from the reservoir past the hydraulic manifold to the hoses.

Thoughts please. Could the pump just have **** the bed over the past year just sitting unused?

Would all three solenoids be stuck? I could see if one or whatever, but not all three.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

No up either?
    Now can you try another controller for grinns first?

3. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Is the pump running?

4. ducaticorse

from we

No up..

Controller is fine and activating solenoids

Pump is running.

Pick up tube is in place.

5. dieselss

Have you pulled the motor to look inside the pump? I thought I read that fisher had issues with the gears breaking off I know you said new, just wondering if you looked inside it yet

6. ducaticorse

from we

Pump itself does not appear to be serviceable. The pump is NOT new, but it worked fine last year. Has been sitting unused since then. No reason I can think of for it to all of a sudden fail, but that still could be the case.

7. dieselss

It's not a standad 2 piece pump with the 2 gears inside?

8. ducaticorse

from we

Perhaps it is exactly that. I haven't pulled it apart. Is that the only reason it would fail? broken gears?

9. dieselss

From what I remember yes