1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

no more unimounts

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Jay brown, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

heard today that the unimounts are history......any truth to that.....
  2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

The mounts are not available from the factory anymore if that's what you mean, but the unimount plows themselves were replaced by the Ultra mounts a few years ago.
  3. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

There website still says that the Heavy weight plows are offered in the Unimount setup. But the website could be outdated.
  4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

yeah, i ment the cartons
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You can buy all the parts for a unimount mount from Western. Costly but you can assemble a mount that way.
  6. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Thats correct that uni mount were replaced with the ultramount system. In fact, I have a unimount plow that im mounting on my 05 f-250. But theres a conversion kit I had put on. Theres a bar that bolts on the front of my truck. I can use either the unimount plow or take the bar off, throw the front plow recievers on and use my other ultramount plow. I had the unimount converted to a 3 plug hookup for the iso.
  7. Randy's plowing

Randy's plowing Junior Member

thats a shame:jester: they were a pita to hook up anyways