1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

no more regular duty plows

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by vortec5.7, May 26, 2008.

1. vortec5.7

vortec5.7 Member

i went on fishers web site today looking for a new regular duty plow and they don't make them any more . but they now make a 7'6" hd does that have 4 trip springs and does it weigh more why don't they make the rd plows any more?
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

probably because sales on that one plow wasn't worth making it....the 7'6" new HD can't weigh that much more than the previous RD and will be more heavy duty

edit...the specs says it has 3 trip springs...so it may just be some extra bracing on the blade to put it into the HD family
    Last edited: May 27, 2008
  3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Basically its the same setup and weight. Fisher just changed the names around.

The Homesteader is the only option for smaller trucks. The LD 6'9"-7'6" series now runs the same lift frame, thus same mounting centers as bigger trucks. It is for F150s, and 1500 series trucks etc. These plows are still considered for homeowners or light plowing.

The HD series, X series and MC series are for Commericial and Municipal plowing on 3/4 ton trucks and up.
  4. Jak

Jak Junior Member

Yeah, I was going to say that. The RD's still there, only now it's labeled SD and according to the pic they show it still has just the two springs.
  5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

the SD was the old LD....the HD line didn't use to have a 7.5 foot blade until now which is just the RD
  6. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

They do have a 7.5 Xblade now too. or did I just never notice that before
  7. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Judge nothing for certain based on a company's website pics, lord knows they're usually not the right pics anyway. :rolleyes: