1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

no more power to 7 pin

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by NAHA, Feb 21, 2011.

1. NAHA

NAHA Senior Member

hey gents hows it going? got a small problam, i have a factory installed 7 pin on a 2000 chevy 1500 4x4, ex cab, 5.3l. the 7 pin was working fine, had a line of fire led bar hooked up to it, and was useing a snow ex sander then it stoped working. checked all the fueses there good, i also used a jump pack and a test light to see if the ground was good and if there was power but nada. any help would be great
    thanks in advance
    naha

2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Start tracing the wires from the plug forward to the truck looking for anything that is pinched or broken. It can be a long process. Double check the quick connect connections near the spare tire. They can get salt in there and rot out. That could be your problem. Double triple check the fuses. Sometimes they hide a few of them and you have to check the manual over to make sure you checked them all.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You check the Maxi Fuse in the power distribution box under the hood?

If so try cleaning/replacing the plug. When you remove it from the harness plug you may find it corroded beyond flowing current.

4. NAHA

NAHA Senior Member

i replaced the maxi fuse for giggles still nada and i also pulled the hraness from the back of the 7 pin same, i havet yet pulled if for the 4 way block under the bed thats my next step

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Do you have power where the wire attaches to the power distribution box under the hood?