1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No more free decals

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by x.system, Apr 6, 2011.

1. x.system

x.system Senior Member

Anyone else heard Western is charging for their decals now? I guess they have been overwhelmed by people asking for decals that they said they have to charge for them now. I believe its like $17 for a kit. I need 6 kits so far.

2. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

Looks pretty simple. Go to your local print shop. Or do what I did and buy a Cricut machine and do your lettering yourself. That's what we do. The plow is red and the background is red. I would just print out white letters spelling Western using the same font. Simple

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Ya we started getting dinged a while ago. I buy them individually these days, they all have a part number and the pro guard sticker is no longer available.

They gave them away for quite a while then one day a couple years ago we noticed a charge on the invoice for them. I was making so much on rehabs when I was doing so many, it didn't really bother me. I just always have them on hand.

4. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Just tell them you'll buy boss stickers for the westerns you rehab.

5. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Lots of changes for western this year.....will be interesting to see how bad it hurts....M.A.P....

6. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

WHY WOULD YOU DO SUCH A THING THATS HORRIBLE :laughing::laughing::laughing:

7. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

I can see both sides of the argument.
    I got some free ones still about a month ago.
    $17 isn't too bad. Look what they go for on e-bay.
    You would think that they would still give them away knowing they are going on plows again....cheap advertisement in my mind.....

8. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

I don't see what the issue is here. When I refurbish a plow and paint it I have to pay for the sand I blast it with, I have to pay for the labour for my workers, I have to pay for the electricity to run my lights and I have to pay for the paint. Why do you expect to get decals for free? Everyone is trying to cut their costs to remain viable as a business, Western is a business too and they need to trim the fat. Most people who buy plows know a Western when they see one and the rest probably don't care.

9. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

i dont really understand why you need to even put the stickers on it? obviously you know what kind of plow you have?

10. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

B/c curb appeal is huge when you're selling rehabbed plows for a living.

11. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I don't think anyone made an issue of it. The OP was just checking if it was just his area or if everybody was in the same boat these days. It used to be a nice freebie that not many people knew about and it finally came to an end. I'm sure he knows why. Anyone can afford $17 in stickers to make $1k on a plow rehab, it's that it was a nice convenience before.

As for my/his second point is the customer that just buys parts. When you gave away stickers before, now they COST $17 before markup, people start to feel you're sticking it to them. Give them a good deal on their parts, yet charge $25 for a few measly stickers..........make sense now??

Thumbs Up

12. Cmbrsum

Cmbrsum Senior Member

Just because you put a Boss sticker on it doesn't make it a real plow:mechanic:

13. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

from that point of view it makes sense you are right