1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No Low Beams

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by crf450ny, Dec 18, 2008.

1. crf450ny

crf450ny Junior Member

Had a 2001 chevy duramax with a 2004 MM2 EZ-V plow on it that I purchased new. I removed this plow and have installed it on my 2005 Chevy duramax. Now with my head light switch in the low beam position I do not have any head lights at all. They do work in the high beam position. Can anyone help me with this problem? Thank you in advance.

2. smokefan20

smokefan20 Junior Member

i have the same problem with my set up on my 96 gmc k1500. Anyone???

3. RL1

RL1 Junior Member

This just happened to me also tonight - I logged in to search this, I cant imaging both low beams going at once. Harness is tight, wiring is in good condition, Put the plow on 3 days ago and it was fine until I turned them on earlier tonight.

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

did you wire this up to the 05?

5. RepoMan207

from Maine

6. crf450ny

crf450ny Junior Member

I know that it is something in my truck because i hooked the plow up to a friends dodge and all the lights work correctly. Is there a different wiring harness that I should be using on my 2005? I used the harness that was from my 2001 to hook this up and this is when I had the problem. Low beams haven't worked since I hooked them up.

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

Which ISO did you have 3 or 4.....How many plugs to mount your plow 2?

8. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

My plow was on a 2001 and I put it on my 06 and had a similar problem. Only both high and low beam were on at the same time. I had to swap the wires in the light connection on each side. There is also a conifguration plug off of the harness that is plugged into the iso port 1, that is on a 4 plug iso. It has something to do with posative or negative common. I had to switch that around too.

9. crf450ny

crf450ny Junior Member

I have a 4 port iso so there are 3 wires out front to hook up

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

and connectors. I just bought all the stuff to change the front nose over from the 02 to the new style. I was able to re use the lamp housing, but I had to upgrade the truck side fog lamp wiring as well as the lights them selves obviously.

In short, I bet you hooked the wrong wire along the way due to color code. Go to Fisher's web site and E search the wiring for the truck you have now, and back track all your splicing to be sure you didn't cross something. Also, The 3 port iso numbers are the same, but the 4 port were different for both trucks.

11. RL1

RL1 Junior Member

I have a MM1, replaced the relay and it didn't work. The yellow hot is getting power, It seems the wire going to the ground on the relay is dead. I ohm tested it and I'm seeing no resistance

I decided to get a 3M tap clip and tapped a wire onto the ground on the harness and screwed it into the fender under a factory ground and it made the rest of the lights dim and the headlamps still didn't fire up. I had to plow all day yesterday with my high beams on., this just happened all of a sudden, never had a problem the 2yrs I've had it on the truck

12. peconicwaters

peconicwaters Junior Member
    from L.I N.Y

the harness for the lights is different from 01-02 chevy to 03- 07 chevy, unfortunately I could only find it as a whole kit when I had this problem.

13. PLOW_GUY

PLOW_GUY Junior Member

that is correct the light kit out of an 01 will not work in an 05. The head light wires in the truck feed power differently. You need a 27780 light kit or a 29070-1 module and a 29048 light harness kit. both will work. good luck.

14. crf450ny

crf450ny Junior Member

Thanks for the info guys. It was that the wireing is different from my 01 to 05 and had to get a different light kit for it.

15. vffdoug

vffdoug Junior Member

Plow Guy

Could you look at previous post with no low beams on a MM2 HD 8 foot on a 2000 dodge ram with hb 1 headlights.

16. searay220

searay220 Member

Check the two harness fuses. They tap off of port one in the harness. I think they are called ATC fuses. I know one of the fuses controlls the lights. It's worth a check.

17. GTMS

GTMS Senior Member

18. GTMS

GTMS Senior Member

Here's the link, http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=51099

click it and look for my post almost to the end and it gives the fix;;;

Ok guys, if your lights are going out on the 05 & 06's call the dealer and ask them to look at TSB 08-021-06 Rev A. It deals with trailer lights but will also take care of the headlight issue. It's a flash of the TIPM. This is a common problem on trucks with plows mounted due to the extra draw from plow lights.Thanks Green Grass for the info.
    ;;;;;;;;;;

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008