1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NO low beams

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by pro_firefighter, Nov 27, 2008.

1. pro_firefighter

pro_firefighter Junior Member
    from Iowa

2006 dodge ram boss 7.5 no plow or truck lights!!! Argh fuses are good truckand inline! Any ideas? Thanks

2. MAGNUM SERVICES

MAGNUM SERVICES Member

Did you check where the snow plow light wiring harness connects with the factory light harness? Do they work without the plow plugged in? It could be something as simple as a disconnected plug or a corroded wire or a bad ground. Hope this helps! Keith

3. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

i have been having the same problem. you didnt mention but i have brights and running lights just no low beams. all wiring looks good, fuses good, switches are good, and bulbs are good?!?!?

4. MAGNUM SERVICES

MAGNUM SERVICES Member

Terrapro, Do you have the same truck and plow as Pro Firefighter has ?

5. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

im not fimilar with boss, but it sounds like possibly there is a relay thats not getting power?

6. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Or just a bad relay ?

7. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

nope, its a 2500 chevy with a boss 8.2 V.

my lights on the truck have the same problem so i am going to check the relay.

8. pro_firefighter

from Iowa

Thanks fellas I have pulled it all out checked all the fuses relays etc... NO LUCK I have high beams and running lights absolutely no low beams with or without the plow hooked up. i even pulled the headlights and checkedt them ARGGGGHHHH thanks again I hope maybe its the truck switch under warranty HA HA HA 18000 miles dodge ram and tey will blame the new plow!!! lol

9. fakemam

fakemam Junior Member

has the lights worked in the past or is this a new install ? my buddy just transferred his plow from one truck to another and there is a connector by the relays that can go on two ways the connector has 2 wires going to it one is white /yellow and the other is red/yellow. if you have the 2 headlamp system you need the the white /yellow wire to match up to the red/yellow wire on the other connector( or reverse orientations ). if you have the have the 4 light system match the like colored wires together on the connector. figured it out after an hour of checking all the connection and moving relays around.

10. pro_firefighter

from Iowa

Here is what the dealer told me. they have to reset the codes and my lights came back. The problem is that if your lights are on when u hook the plow it will shock the systems and the dodge built in security trips a code. This is NOT a fuse it needs to have theh codes reset. Mine does it all the time and as of two days ago this it what they told me is causing the problem. The fix leave your headlights off when hooking the plow.

TJ