1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No Low beams

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Mainer, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Mainer

Mainer Junior Member
    from Maine

HI. 87 chevy 4X4 305 TBI. Got my truck back from the shop turned on the head lights i didnt have any low beams either side. have high beams. tried the highs lows on plow light they work fine. the truck lights wont work. i tried a new head ligh see if the beams were burn out. new light does not work on low. Any ideas as to what happend to the low beams? ground or maybe a head light switch?
    :confused: :help: :gunsfiring:
  2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

What work did you have done?
  3. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Some possibilities, corrosion in your dimmer switch, broken wire, bad ground, or loose connector where the plow harness taps into the truck wiring, bad relay or connections to it. There were a few threads on this topic recently. Search for those and you'll see some of the results that were found to be the cause, which may help you isolate your problem.
  4. welded wrenches

welded wrenches Senior Member

hi-low headlamp switch broken

hi.your headlamp switch is most likely faulty.its located on top edge of steering column aprox 8 inch rearward of firewall.tools needed are phillips screw driver,15 mm socket wrench,1/4 5/16 3/8 sockets and if the truck has air conditioning the air ducts need to be moved slightly downward.Good luck. welded wrenches in BURRR pa.
  5. wickedcarpenter

wickedcarpenter Member

Floor Switch

Seems like the high beam switch on the floor is bad. Salt from your wet boots will eat it to nothing causing it to ground itself out.They can be bought at any automotive store for under $6. Pull the carpet back and you'll know right away if it's hit.
  6. Mainer

Mainer Junior Member
    from Maine

Hi Brent.
    My dimmer switch in on the colom. I thought it might be gone as well. but it will dim the plow lights to low and high beam. so im going to get a head light switch see if that works.