1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

no low beams

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by james.j.smith, Dec 5, 2011.

1. james.j.smith

james.j.smith Senior Member
    from 19033

well last night I realized that my low beams aren't working on my way to drop the truck off for inspection. I haven't had a chance to look at it and still dropped the truck off. Figured this way if anything else needs to be fixed I can do it in one shot. they were working a couple weeks again (don't drive the truck much).

I recently hooked a strobe light up to my lights so that I can only turn the strobe on when the lights are one. I think I may have inadvertently done something then.

does anyone know if there is a fuse or relay? for the low beams (high beams work). the truck lights are wired to a toggle with 6 connections (may be 8 but I think its 6). this way I can toggle between the plow light and truck lights. The (low beams aren't working on truck or plow.

does anyone have a color coded wiring diagram this way I know what wire to check first. the truck is a 1991 f250 5.8L and the plow is a Meyer's e47 pump.

plan to dig into this more when I get the truck back I did find a diagram and inserted it with the instructions I found for installation.

any information would be great.

1. Gets connected to the red wire coming from the relay, which must be split to feed both plow lights.

2. Gets connected to the green wire coming off the relay, which must be split to feed both plow lights.

3. Gets spliced into the Marker Light on each side of the vehicle, or you can splice into one and split it to feed both plow lights.

4. Gets spliced into the vehicle turn signal on each side of the vehicle. NO QUICK SPLICE CONNECTORS!

5. Gets grounded with a ring terminal to the inner fender or radiator support on each side of the vehicle. They could also be run to the battery if you like.

sealed-beam.jpg

2. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

First the diagram you have posted is wrong if both your plow and truck lights are out. There should be a relay and or fuse inside the power distribution box under the hood.

If every thing there is good I would look at the dimmer switch. but before doing any of that if you think hooking the beacon in caused the problem, undo what you did.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  3. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Run through your fuses first.

4. james.j.smith

james.j.smith Senior Member
    from 19033

Figured it out it was a ban splice that the previous owner did