1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No Low Beams on 06 Dodge Ram

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jversagejr, Dec 17, 2007.

1. jversagejr

jversagejr Junior Member

I have a Boss 8.2 V Plow and the low beams on my 06 Dodge Ram are not working either with or without the plow. I tried unhooking the plow harness and plug direct but still no low beams. I took it to the dealer today to have them check it as I figured it was something with the high/low beam switch. After running a bunch of tests and $126.00 later the dealer said it must be something with in my plow wiring. I spoke with the mechanic who said he plugged it into the computer and there were a bunch of codes showing an overload and so the computer shut down the low beams. He checked all the connections and unhooked the plow lights reset the computer and the low beams worked. When he re-hooked the plow harness the computer threw the same codes and the low beams went out. He reset the computer and pull the in-line fuse to the battery and the low beams work.

I checked all of the relays and no of them are blown. I checked all of the connections and they all looked fine and showed no signs of corrosion. I am lost, has anyone experienced the same problem or knows what it might be?

2. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

what is the wiring run throught...a fuse with an inline in between...or to the battery with an inline....because if you have it with something else that might be throwing the load

3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I am having a simliar problem. No Truck passenger lowbeam on an 05 Ram with a Fisher ISO system. When we unplug it works fine and all plow lights work. Just on low beam though the ISO module. Have not ran codes on the truck though. Been to busy to look at it and plow has been on anyway.

4. jversagejr

jversagejr Junior Member

The Boss system current uses 2 inline fuses that connect to the battery. As long as the pull the fuses there are no problems with the lights. As soon as you plug the fuses back in the computer senses something and shuts down the low beams.

5. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

ive had numerous problems with my 04 dodge and lowbeams. it always turned out to be the front control module. a 450 dollar piece. dodge claims to plow pulls too much power for the module to handle and it burns up or some crap. good luck.

6. jversagejr

jversagejr Junior Member

Thanks so much for the information. I put a call into the dealer I purchased it from and he is doing some research. Hopefully I figure it out as I don't want to have to keep going to the dealer to reset the computer.