1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No low beam head lights - computer error

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Burg06Dodge, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Burg06Dodge

Burg06Dodge Junior Member
    from NNJ

:dizzy:2006 Dodge Ram 2500 P/U. 2006 Fisher plow. For some reason unknown to man kind, when switching between high and low beams the truck computer keeps getting error codes(Happens after the the plow has been used) One low beam (normally the passenger side firs) then the other drivers in a matter of time go off. The only lights that work are the high beams. This happens weather the plow is connected or not. Reset the computer and all is good again. The only big problem is it keeps happening. Any suggestions?

2. SNOMACHINE

SNOMACHINE Senior Member

Just had same problem with my 06 ram 3500. The problem was the FORWARD CONTROL MODULE

3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I believe there was some sort of repair for this. Contact your Dodge dealer. I know my buddy had his repaired for free.

4. Burg06Dodge

from NNJ

Thanks Flipper, can you ask him what the issue was. It would be nice to have some backround info before going to see them.

Thanks for your input.

Burg

5. Burg06Dodge

from NNJ

Thank You Snowmachine, I will check it out.

6. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

He is not really knowledgable on maintenance etc. He seems to remember there was a computer update or something. Dodge was able to flash the computer and update the Forward Control Module. If you do a search here other people have experienced it.

7. Burg06Dodge

from NNJ

Flipper, sounds like they reset the computer. Did it to mine twice already.