1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No Lights

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by StonewallFarms, Oct 7, 2007.

1. StonewallFarms

StonewallFarms Member

just moved my 06 extreme v ss into one of my new garages and one of my workers noticed the lights on the plow were not working. I checked the bulbs, fuses that i could find and even cleaned the connections on the plugs, the directionals dont even work. i am new to the electric plows and used to the hydraulic is there something im not doing right here or is there something wrong?
  2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

OK, don't take offense to this, but start with the easy things. Are you sure you connected the plug correctly? Use a little dielectric grease? Any broken pins inside the plugs? Might have something to do with daytime running lights if you have them on your GMC? Start with the simple things and work your way up.
  3. StonewallFarms

StonewallFarms Member

daytime running lights were what i checked first.. which is why i also checked the turn signals as well. all pins are there none are bent or rusty. wasnt sure if there is a fuse somewhere hidden or not?
  4. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Did you make sure that when you we're checking them that you had the in-cab plow controller turned on?
  5. StonewallFarms

StonewallFarms Member

yea plow was working in all directions, i know in the older plows there was a toggle switch for this light.. i think this is something more then just the little things
  6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

XtremeV, shoudln't it be under warranty then? unless you did the install yourself
  7. StonewallFarms

StonewallFarms Member

baught the truck used from a dealer and theres no proof of purchase on the plow and i havent found a place that will honor it yet as well as if it was somethign stupid i didnt want to truck it up to the nearest fisher dealer.. i had just put this post out there to find out if it was something stupid i was doing on my end but now im guessing that its something more indepth.. if anyone has any other ideas let me know thanks guys.
  8. StonewallFarms

StonewallFarms Member

I know its been a while sense i have replied to this thread but i just wanted to thank you all for your help. turns out it was the isolation modual.