1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No Lights

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Hoveys Lawn Car, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Hoveys Lawn Car

Hoveys Lawn Car Junior Member

I was told that with having a sno way clear plow, I don't really need lights. How true is this, Will trying with no lights until I get 1st check be ok or is it impossible?
  2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

from what i have read on those plows they stay clear only for about the first year or so. they also dont let alot of light through so wont be able to see very well. have you tried lowering the plow down until your trucks head light go over it?
  3. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

Get the lights. I got a snoway and one dealer was telling that I would not need the lights ( I think he did not have them in stock). I am glad I got them. Unless your ligts are going to be higher than the plow when it is lifted, you got to get them.
    I have driving lights on the same level with the plow when lifted and you can see the lights going through the plow, but very dull. not enough to drive with. I think that they charge like an extra $500 for the lights, but get them.

DERBYDON Member

My sno way has lights mounted on the frame. I didn't know you could get a sno way without them. You don't have any lights mounted on the cross bar above the power unit?

As far as lights shining through the clear plow - I can see fine, but my plow is brand new.
  5. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

After you use it and the poly gets all scratched up, not going to be so clear. Some dealers sell the light bar seperatly to make some extra cash. and overcharge, I think one quoted me for like $3800 for a small ST. Crazy
  6. Hoveys Lawn Car

Hoveys Lawn Car Junior Member

Thanks for all the reply's. I am definetly gonna get some lights soon as can afford to, was hoping to try to get by till 1st plow check comes in. If it is too bad I will be rigging something up!