1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No lights on the plow...help!!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by powerdriver, Dec 2, 2013.

1. powerdriver

powerdriver Junior Member
    from CHICAGO

Okay, Here is my dilemma...
    I have a 2005 FORD F250 Diesel. Running a Western Ultra Mount 8ft Pro Plus Plow. Just hooked up the wire harness on the truck and went to plug in the lights and there is nothing. I have a the 4 Port Isolation Module (White Label) 3 plug system. Now when I unplug the light harness from the module I do hear a click coming from the module. I have no head lights on the plow and no parking or turn signals on the plow. I have heard that these Isolation Modules go bad a lot so I was wondering if there is something I'm missing.
    ALSO...I don't know if this will make a difference, but the only thing I didn't hook up was the Solenoid that I placed on the other side of the engine bay. I didn't hook it up because I still have to buy a battery cable to run from the positive terminal to the other side of the Solenoid. Also still have to bolt on the mount to my truck so I can't test anything else, but the plow was working yesterday when my guy dropped it off.

ANY THOUGHTS..........

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Should be a smaller red wire that gets attached to solenoid. This wire powers module. If it is not hooked up lights will not work.

EDIT: Did you have all the plow plugs attached? Some models ground park lights thru main power harness for plow pump.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  3. powerdriver

from CHICAGO

There is a Red wire with Green tracer that goes to the Solenoid from Plug 1 on the Isolation Module, I didn't connect the wire yet because I still have to get a battery cable to run from the positive terminal of the battery to the other post on the Solenoid.

4. kimber750

That's the one. Without it lights will not work. But if you want to test the lights it can be hooked to the battery. Is there anything else you haven't installed yet?

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Good insight grasshopper kimber. I would have added a touch of sass but your learning quickly.

6. powerdriver

from CHICAGO

Everything is installed except the positive cable to the one side of the solenoid.

7. kimber750

Westerns aren't that hard. It's just a fisher painted the wrong color. :laughing:

8. powerdriver

from CHICAGO

Ok back at it again. Hooked up the solenoid and still nothing....I'm starting to think that my 4port Isolation Module is bad....Ive triple checked everything and everything is correctly wired.

9. kimber750

Everything is hooked up? Plow on truck? All bumper connections hooked up? That red wire on battery side of solenoid? Does the plow work? Do you have any marker lights?

10. powerdriver

from CHICAGO

Everything is hooked up. I even checked the cable to make sure i had power coming from the pin that goes in to the module (port 1). I have power going in to it but nothing coming out anywhere.... Nothing works. Totally stumped.

11. kimber750

Black with orange is connected to neg terminal of battery? Fuses at module good? Either you do have bad module or something is not wired right.

12. powerdriver

from CHICAGO

Yes its on negative side and both fuses are fine. I wonder if it would be better to get a 3 port green label and new light harness or just get a new 4 port module.....

13. dieselss

Green is gm fyi
    So you have pwr ay both fuses and you have pwr going in at port 1 pin C and D.
    Then port 3 and 4. With lights on pins A yel (port 3and 4) pin H brn those are inputs. For low beams and parking lights

14. powerdriver

from CHICAGO

Yes that is correct about the power. And the green label isn't for just GM. I looked at 2 Ford trucks last night (2004&2005) and they both had the 3 plug 3port green label isolation module.

15. dieselss

Ok. So you have to pwr coming in (signal pwr). Then what do you have coming out at the pins?
    Didn't know totally aboutt the green. I thought I read somewhere that green was gm.only

16. powerdriver

from CHICAGO

Yes power coming in but not power comingout. Even when I turn the head lights on the truck head lights turn on instead of the plow lights. Its like nothing in the module is switching over.

17. dieselss

Ok. And you did confirm that you have gnd going in when the plow is connected? Or that blk/og wire is grounded out

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013