1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No Lights??? Help

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Buckhunter, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Buckhunter

Buckhunter Member

I was just out plowing and all of a sudden i have no headlights. My high beams work on the plow and on the truck lights, but i have no low beam headlights on the plow or on the truck. All my other lights work fine, directionals, parking lights, fog lights. Just spent half an hour changing fuses etc.. anybody got any additional tips or things i may have missed

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Knowing the make model and year of both the truck and the plow sure would help.

3. Buckhunter

Buckhunter Member

Its a 2006 Ram 2500 with straight blade boss plow

4. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

I would bet that it is the truck there is a software update for blowing internal relay due to the extra lights dealer has to do software update to correct concern. If you unhook your battery and reconnect odds are the lights will work again

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Agree. You can plug the stock connectors back into the headlamps as a test but I think you'll find they still don't work so it's likely a truck side issue with the headlamp control "computer". Somewhat common on the plow equipped Dodges.