1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

no lift or turn

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Farmdawg, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Farmdawg

Farmdawg Junior Member
    from usa

I just hooked up my snowdogg snow plow for the upcoming season. The lights work, but it wont lift or turn either direction and the status on the controller has a double fashing red light. Anyone have any ideas what may be wrong?

2. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

check the connection between the plowside and truckside harness. The flashing light shows that it is unable to communicate with the plow.

3. Farmdawg

Farmdawg Junior Member
    from usa

I checked it several times, and noticed a little moisture but tried to dry it out with a rag. How important is the di-electric grease?

4. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

very important as it helps prevent corrosion on the contacts. Try to clean up the connection and follow wires to be sure the harness is not corroded all the way up.

5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Here is an explanation from the man who engineered these plows, you may want to PM him and I bet he'll get in touch very quickly.