1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

no left turn

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by wsimard, Mar 24, 2011.

1. wsimard

wsimard Junior Member
    from ny

i dont know where to find the answer ive tried to research this but couldnt find a answer i have a uni mount plow and motor on my 99 f 2500 sd sc.the truck was set up for meyers so i used that harness the only problem im having is the plow wont turn left it goes right and wont return the only way to do it is to loosen the line and manually do it everything else works fine lights up down right.the truck has a slik stik controller i said it was a meyers.but its a western motor and plow unimount.any help woulld be appreciated.

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

You need to eliminate the Myers wiring by unpluging the control cable and hotwire the left turn function If it works with the Myers wires out of the equation then you can just go buy the Western control cable and joystick. If it still fails then I would suspect the S3 valve.

Here is a link to the Mechanic's guide (I am assuming it is a straight blade) so you can see the valve locations etc.
    http://library.westernplows.com/westernplows/pdf/21936_120198.pdf

3. wsimard

wsimard Junior Member
    from ny

thank you for the help!

4. wsimard

wsimard Junior Member
    from ny

as you replied the problem was the controller works fine with the unimount controller thank you!

5. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Glad to help