1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No Left/Right/Up Action - Meyer 7-ft

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by HSSbrowns, Dec 4, 2003.

1. HSSbrowns

HSSbrowns Junior Member

I have a 7-ft Meyer plow that's 6 or 7 years old. In anticipation of the upcoming "event", I just hung the unit and connected all the wires last evening. After hooking up the plow, I tried to raise it and got a "click" from the solenoid. (Same thing when I hit left or right.) I jacked up the plow and hung it "high" so I could get to work and try to address the problem. (I have not tried to "drop" the plow, as the ram is fully compressed.)

Last time this happened, a local mechanic simply replaced the solenoid with a generic one from NAPA, and I've been good to go ever since.

Does this sound like the same problem?

Regards, A "first-time" poster
  2. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

what plow or pump do you have...if you have the md2 1 plug makes the whole thing work than turn on the truck turn on the plow lights if they dont work all of them blinkers included than the plow wont do anything except click like your saying wiggle and push hard on that plug until all lights come on then try again
  3. HSSbrowns

HSSbrowns Junior Member

Thanks for the quick reply!

The lights/flashers/signals are fine.

One of the local mechanics that I use just pulled the solenoid for me, and it's bent/seperated around the base. (My Jeep got whacked this summer, and the damage was rather near the solenoid, but wasn't noticable until he pulled it off.)

Hopefully, that's it. If not, I'll be back begging for ideas again!!!
  4. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

hopefully you got it.the problem with the stick is the way it sends the signal to angle the plow it fowls up the fluid and the cartriges get swallon and then their no good.i just went over this problem with a meyers dealer near me i was thinking of switching to stick and he told me about all the problems they have compared to the touch pad.