1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No Kickstand on 2001 Blizzard 8' Straight Plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by TomBrooklyn, Apr 7, 2015.

1. TomBrooklyn

TomBrooklyn Junior Member

Hi.

What are some good ways to drop the subject plow when it has no kickstand?

I just bought a 2001/2002 Blizzard 800, an 8' straight plow, and a 1999 Ford F-250 that was attached to it. I never owned a plow before.

Since Spring has sprung in these parts (Tobyhanna, PA), I want to drop the plow until next winter; and reading the manual and comparing it to what I have, I see I am missing the kickstand.

I'm thinking to block it up with some wood.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Either wood or you can floor jack it. Put the wood under it first then lower it. Also helps to pull the pins before totally dropping it.

3. gasjr4wd

gasjr4wd Senior Member

chunk of 4X4 wood... I've seen guys mount a removable trailer tongue jack w/wheel to them. (actually one guy puts one on each end of the plow along with the part you are talking about.)
    Someone else puts wheels in the shoe holes and a dolly under the other end.

4. TomBrooklyn

TomBrooklyn Junior Member

I let it down on some wood. I put 3 2-bys under that big central bolt; and a 2-by under the hydraulic thing in the rear.

I had to fiddle with it to get the hinge pins out. I'm not sure what the right height or angle it's supposed to be resting at is. I guess I'll just have to fiddle with it when I want to put the plow back on.

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Like I said, it's easier to remove and install the pins when the plow is slightly still in the air. Guess you missed that tip