1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

no idea need help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 02Chevy, Nov 29, 2007.

1. 02Chevy

02Chevy Junior Member

I just got a call from an old friend and he has two lots he wants me to push and his parents house. i have never tried to bid out my own work for the winter i have always salted for the company i use to work for and this year i was sub contracting for my new job. i want to go out on my own next year so this is a good step for me 2 get this. i was just wondering in general if i should just price it out per push so i can get an idea of how to bid on things next year?

2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

if you know what your contractor gets for the work you subcontract for, you could compare them to your 2 lots.

3. ppease

ppease Member
    from Maine

Try to find out what they paid for the last year or two. If you are comfortable with the number, match it. This should be fair for them, and you get to build some experience.

4. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

if you know what your contractor gets for the work you subcontract for, you could compare them to your 2 lots.OR if he's a good old friend maybe he can get you in the ballpark this one time since it's new to you, (assuming they aren't new lots and have been plowed in past years)
    good luck either way.