1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No idea how to mount this thing! plz help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by scarecrow, Nov 10, 2010.

1. scarecrow

scarecrow Junior Member
    from pa

I own a landscaping business, this is our 3rd year, and im introducing snow removal this year. I found a western plow, though i thought it was MVP, but i could be wrong (im seriously a nOOb with this whole thing.) Dude gave me a half ton plow, and a ton of wires and other parts. The plow works, he gave me all the stuff along with the unimount. Question: I have an f250 superduty, how the eff does this thing go on? do i have to cut holes in my truck? I guess what would be most helpfull is if somebody had a website or something i can look at to figure this mess out. I cant seem to find much, even the great youtube has nothing on installing the mount. I need help with everything, i looked at a wiring schematic earlier, and i dont see how i could have read it without a degree. I'm tackling the exhaust manafold now :/ so i have a few days before the plow comes on lol

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Posting some good quality pics of what all you were given would be a good start. Tough to lead you in the right direction without knowing what we're working with. :waving:

3. 54powerwagon

54powerwagon Senior Member

year of truck would also help. 99-04 should mount up after that the old style will not work you will need to get a newer mount and the conversion bar.

4. fabcraftinc

fabcraftinc Member

Go to westernplows.com. Click on parts and service tab. Click on the pulications block. All the info to get you started should be in this area.

5. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

probably have to get the ultramount truck side kit with a unimount adapter...... if that makes any sense

6. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

We need pics asap.

7. scarecrow

scarecrow Junior Member
    from pa

I'll get pics guys, sorry its been a few days, i've been catching up on fall clean up....the truck is 2002, i'll post pics when i can, or on our facebook "diamond hedge landscaping" under photos, i'll make a folder called "plow" or something, i'll post here letting you know when the pics are up. Really i've been finding out different things on the mount, as far as i may need to take it to a fab place, or it might just be too far gone. See, the guy i got it from had it in an accident, he had to cut part of the mount, so i guess the main thing i'll need is to fabricate the "mount" part. The wiring is really confusing as i dont even know how/where to take the wires through my firewall, battery hookups, he's got wires cut here and there, etc...thanks for helping though. this is a good forum though lol, now i have fellow big truck plow buddies....also, you may want to youtube train plowing snow, pretty neat vids ussmileyflag