1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No hope in sight...

Discussion in 'Weather' started by mkwl, Jan 23, 2008.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

With no real hope of any snow in the next 2 weeks, I'm starting to wonder if we'll end up getting anymore snow this witner. Doesn't look like I'll have any revenue from January, hasn't snowed at all all month :cry: Anyone else in the tri-state area feeling the pain of no snow:realmad::cry: ?

Thanks,
    Matt

2. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I hear ya buddy. same here.

3. dakotasrock

dakotasrock Senior Member
    from MN

lol yep. It's either its too cold and the cold pushed the storm track south, or its too warm and we get rain. What happened to the good old days?

4. svelasquez

svelasquez Member

5. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

How do you think us CNY guys feel 50 minutes to the north and 4 feet here maybe a 1inch!

6. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Nothing major here since December 4th, we have scraped a few lots that are plowed under 1" but that's it!

7. DirtyJerzey

DirtyJerzey Senior Member

absolutely nothing here...its not coming temps are gonna be in the 40-50s for the next 2 weeks... put the plows away and bring out the lawn seed....

8. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

This Bull Sh**

This Sucks Hear In Nj No Snow It Looks Like We Are Getting The Shaft One More Time!!! The Bills Keep Coming And No Fu**ing Snow!!!! It Sucks Its Going To Be In The 40-50 For The Next Two Weeks I Think We Are Not Going To Get Anything This Year. All I Ask For Is One Good Event No Ice No Rain Just Snow !!!!!!! What Does Ever One Think?????? We Cant Win Every One Is Getting Snow But Nj Bull Sh**

God Help Us Hear In Nj!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

We just got about 2 feet of snow. All lake effect. ITS AWESOME!!! Sorry to rub it in, but I hope it gets out your way.

10. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

:cry: I WANT SNOW! :cry: Send some this way!:D

11. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

4 storms in the last 10 days.....:dizzy::dizzy:payup

12. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

I feel for you guys, I am barely scraping by as it is.

13. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

last "real" plowable storm for NEPA was dec 31 and that was 4 inchs with soft ground. this winter blows i have no hope now it needs to be cold enought first off not like 2 days of cold weather a few weeks be nice . next is a storm either up the coast or flying in from the west just nothing is cooking for us too warm .

14. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I have plowed my commercail accounts for the past 5 days in a row. Ever night I have been plowing. Were suppost to get more tonight, and possible some saturday too. My plow has been on my truck for about 2 and a half weeks straight. I'll pray you guys get some snow.

15. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 Senior Member

We recieved 4" from that same storm. Just enough to be out ther. Same here on your next post about not removin the plow. About every 2-3 days i'm out pushin or saltin. but they keep calling for "accumilating" snowfall so I leave it on and then just salt. But I'm out at least. Sorry for you NJ and any ones not getting it. We'll all pray and hope and anything else we can do to try and get you some. Just don't take it from us just add it to ours. I want to finnish the seaon good.

16. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 Senior Member

Well Written!!! Yes I know why you take Blood pres. meds. Stay in this biz and you will always take them. there are still times like that. Only my trips are shorter. The north end of our town we plow in can get more than my house. so I make a trip out thinking OK I have 1/2 " the notrh end will have 1"+ and I can at least plow my 1" trigger commercials, after all they are sayying we can see up to 3" BUT NOPE. I turn around and go home. :dizzy:Well enjoy what you can control and take everything else in stride. Oh yea KEEP SMILING!:D Good luck hopefully you'll plow one of these days.

17. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

I dont think it will snow here in NJ for the rest of the season! What a crazy winter, it warms up and rains and then it gets very cold with a snow shower perhaps! I hope for a early spring, so i can get going with lawns!:mad:

18. MB3

MB3 Senior Member

It will snow

I am going out of town on Feb 9th, so it will snow the whole time I am gone. Just wait and see.

19. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

With temps forecast to be in to mid to upper 40's and rain the next 2 weeks, I think I may just nix the rest of the winter and get started on my spring cleanups next weekend :cry: . This winter (if you'd even call it that) is really getting bad- there's NO SNOW!:realmad::cry:

20. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Maybe we'll luck out and get at least one big blizzard before the winter is over (keeping my fingers crossed) :help: