1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No high beams

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Jan 12, 2009.

1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hey guys, my cousin just bought a 11 pin 7'6'' steel straight blade the other day. We mounted it up, and wired it to his truck and we got low beams but when you flip the swtich to hit the high beams the lights go off. The plow wiring was for his truck so it had the head light adapters, so I know thats right. What is back wards or????? I don't know the 11 pin harness only the 13.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

1) Flip the light switch to the plow light position and turn the head lights on.

2) Using a test light, check to see if you have 12V at the light blue/black wire on the rear of the switch. If so...

3) Then check the green/black on the rear of the switch for 12V. Is it there?

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

I will check that out tomorrow, we added a second battery to the truck today, and just got done with that, so i will check that tomorrow. If we do have power there then what steps do we take after that, and if we don't? Thanks Mike, you are really a big big help.

Ryan

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you have 12V both in and out on the wiring at the switch that I previously mentioned then the next place to check for 12V is pin #7 in the 11 pin connector. If you have it there then the issue is on the plow side...either wiring or bulbs.

If you don't have 12V on the blu/blk wire at the switch then your problem is likely in the light adapters (poor connection).

Let me know what you come up with and we'll go from there. :waving:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Alright, thanks B&B. I will let you know how we fair.