1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No high beams

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Jampearl42, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Jampearl42

Jampearl42 Junior Member

The high beams on plow are not working. When i click the high beam switch everything cuts out. When i have my regular head lights on the highs work fine. I checked the wiring everything seems fine. Anyone got any ideas

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

what kind of lights

3. ChipsEarthWorks

ChipsEarthWorks Senior Member
    from CT

Bad high beam part on the bulb its self? Try changing out the lights.

4. bnewell

bnewell Banned
    from Ohio

If they are the Nite Sabers, you could have a bad module or you could also have some corrosion where the vehicle wiring harness plugs into the Meyer module (had that same situation yesterday).

Brian

5. MJay

MJay Member

"The high beams on plow are not working. When i click the high beam switch everything cuts out. When i have my regular head lights on the highs work fine. I checked the wiring everything seems fine. Anyone got any ideas?"

? 1. Did hi-beams work then stop working?
    ? 2. Type of vehicle
    ? 3. If all lights go out when you switch to high beams: Most likely a short or bad relay in harness?
    ? 4. Check ground wire/s - Jump a wire directly to battery terminal?
    ? 5. Have all wires been connected to proper locations? i.e Parking lights.

Keep us posted and good luck. Electrical stuff can be a real biotch

6. MJay

MJay Member

One more thought ? Your truck lights are off [except parking lights] when the plow lights are on ?

7. cincy snowdog

cincy snowdog Senior Member

Bad Dimmer Switch Maybe Or The Connection To It Or The Connection At Plow It Would Be Odd Both Bulbs Burnt Out At Same Time But Possible But I Would Check Headlight Switch If It Older And Still Down On Floor Board If Newer And On Signal Switch We Had Bad Wire Harness On Column When The Tilt Wheel Was Used Signals Would Not Work Had To Wiggle Tilt Wheel Up And Down To Find It So Maybe There .

8. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Check all your connections, put dielectric grease on them,check your grounds too.
    They recommend changing both headlights when one burns out cause they are both the same age. Maybe both have burned out near the same time.