1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No Height

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by D&H Plow, Dec 9, 2007.

1. D&H Plow

D&H Plow Junior Member

My dad is using a 7 year old blizzard which does not rise more than three inches. The dealer has no idea what is wrong with it. It is kind of hard to get to plow sites when you have to drive 10 mph so you don't bang the plow on the road. One time we had it upside down for other repairs and when we put it back on the truck the plow raised higher than ever. Just wondering if maybe anyone else has experienced this same problem. Thanks for the help

2. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I am sure you've already checked ,but is there enough fluid in the pump? Is there any thing physically stopping it. Is your pump just to weak to lift it all the way( something plugging it up/debris in the pump)? Good Luck!!!

3. K. Meyer

K. Meyer Junior Member

noe sure how extensively this plow has been used, but if it's not a mechanical issue, i've seen whwere the pins in the draw latch assembly become worn/bent, also the bushings that the pins slide through when you mount the plow become worn on the bottom and need to be replaced or flipped over. A little wear here and there dramatically affects lift height. I'm not sure it would affect it to this extent but i've had plow frames come lose, pins bend/wear, draw latches crack etc. Inspect plow carefully

4. D&H Plow

D&H Plow Junior Member

The plow is used extensively. Everything is loose down there, i just didn't think a couple loose bolts and pins would equate to 10 inches. That is the next step i guess. Thanks.

5. K. Meyer

K. Meyer Junior Member

Also check to see if pin holding the lift ram has been sheared off. I used to be pretty rough with plows and broke/bent lots of stuff. These plows are very strong but just don't hold up well if you like to stack snow. I've learned to leave that for the payloader.

6. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Make sure the pickup tube in the reservoir is pointed down

7. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

I really do not think 10 inches is gonna happen. Maybe 8 though. Grab a level and check this. Truck sitting, plow on ground, is the A frame level? If the mount is too low, the A frame will angle back towards the truck and the plow will not raise as high. If the A frame is too high, the plow will raise WAY to high. The A frame needs to show level with ( close to ) a new cutting edge on it. Also, raise the plow. Look at where the truck mount forks are. There are stops on top of them. Is the plow hitting them? If so, you are at maximum carry height.:gunsfiring:

I've an 810 on a 94 Dodge 3/4 ton. It does not raise up more than 6 inches measured at cutting edge. My other truck has a 8'6" straight and it is damn near 9 inches.

Good luck.

8. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 Senior Member

I assume this plow has been on the same truck this whole time?

Is there anything allowing the front of the truck to drop more than it used to?

best of luck.

9. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

If the plow truly is 7yrs old, and is a 99 810, it most certainly could raise that high. Been there done that. The early ones had no stops. I've had to add them on several plows, otherwise you could keep on lifting till you mashed the cover into bumper.

10. D&H Plow

D&H Plow Junior Member

Thanks for the help. The plow is now at 11 inches. Much higher than 3. Still don't need the plow lights but we can drive over 10mph. Thanks

11. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Well, what was the cure?