1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

no heat

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by michsnowman, Nov 12, 2013.

1. michsnowman

michsnowman Junior Member

I have a 98 2500 with a 360 that don't come up to temp anyone ever have this problem. kinda cold in winter to drive

2. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Could be thermostat...

3. michsnowman

changed it

4. snowpro44

snowpro44 Member

yep..stuck open..aluminum radiater...should be a 195 thermostat...run about 200 to 205...

5. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Some dodges (don't know what year) had a heater door flapper failure design where the door in the heater control box doesn't go the right way, and prevents heat from coming in the cab.

Google it you will find your answer

https://www.google.com/#q=98+dodge+ram+heater+blend+door

You know that this is based upon the fact that you've already determined the engine is really at temp, but the interior of the truck isn't.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  6. snowpro44

snowpro44 Member

ya..had that problen too..thats in the air/ heat control..located passenger side..under the dash..

7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

meaning like the gauge is staying in the low temp range? like the heater hoses aren't getting hot?

8. michsnowman

yes reads low and when I hit it with a inferred gun reads at 140

9. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I'd start to see if the top radiator hose gets hot.If it doesn't you have T stat issues,doesn't matter that you just changed it.Was it one of those gimmicky fail safe ones or possibly installed backwards or maybe just a bad one?If you had heat before,that's where I'd go.Also check your radiator cap that it's pressurizing.

10. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

How long did you bled the system? Did the tstat open before you put the cap back on?

11. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

In my Yota, the heater hoses are physically "higher" than the radiator cap. With that, I bought one of those "flush and fill" kits which has a Tee in it with a screw on cap. I installed it in the hose closest to the sky.

You take the cap off during filling, and wallah... no more air pockets.

Dont forget to put the cap back on, otherwise you get AF all over your windshield....

Not like I did that 2 times, or anything:blush2:

12. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Another ''we will never know if it was fixed or not thread.''

13. michsnowman

got it fixed changed tstat and had to flush heater core

14. shep28

shep28 Member

While in college, I replaced my bicycle that I used to get to class with a crappy $500 buick regal that I bought from a farmer near the school. I drove the car for 4 years with no heat or no air. Don't know how I did it, but I survived wearing layers and using lots of wiper fluid with deicer added to it in the winter and no shirt in the summer heat. Had no money. Upgraded to $800 plymouth sundance during grad school. Ordered a 99' ls1 z28 upon graduation. Can't get rid of her. Still in the garage.

My point is........ there is no point :)